Posted December 6, 2017
Middle School Math Teacher , East Bay School for Boys (Berkeley)
This is a mid-year opening for 2017-2018 school year.
When hiring faculty, East Bay School for Boys seeks individuals who are experienced in working with middle school students; who can make learning irresistible through challenge, a well-structured classroom, differentiation and a variety of teaching/learning modalities; who love teaching and working with boys; who are passionate about their subject area(s) and learning new things; who are eager to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment; who are creative and have good organizational, project-management, and communication skills; who are willing to assume a variety of roles within the school including academic and social/emotional advising and coaching; who are creative, flexible and resilient educators; who make great role models for adolescent boys; and who have a sense of humor.
Contact Dana Rosenberg and submit a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted December 4, 2017
Short-Term Instructional Support, La Scuola (SF)
We are searching for an instructional support person who can provide 1 on 1 support for some of our students. The ideal profile is someone with knowledge in Psychology and/or Pedagogy, and Special Ed. We are looking for someone who has experience working with children, particularly with special needs.
Availability needed would be from 8:30 to 12:00 pm Monday–Friday starting in December 2017 until end of February 2018. Services will be compensated by the family. We prefer candidates who are fluent in Italian, as we are an Italian Immersion School or with a knowledge of Spanish, however you are welcome to apply if you’re an English language speaker.
Posted November 29, 2017
Multiple Positions, Horizons at San Francisco Friends School
-Lead Elementary Teacher
-Assistant Elementary Teacher
Horizons at San Francisco Friends School is a public/private partnership offering a summer program that addresses the achievement and opportunity gaps of high-need children in the Mission neighborhood through their elementary school careers. The student/teacher ratio at Horizons is approximately 5:1. For more information about Horizons at SFFS, please visit http://www.horizonsatsffs.org, https://www.facebook.com/HorizonsSFFS and http://www.horizonsnational.org/.
Contact Abby Rovner, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted November 20, 2017
Networking Event, Hilbrook School (San Jose)
Hillbrook is hosting our very first networking happy hour on Wednesday, November 29th from 4:00-6:00pm at WeWork in San Jose. I’d love for your associate teachers to join us for this event! It will be a great opportunity for your associate teachers to connect with other local associate teachers as well as meet other professionals from the field of education, nonprofit organizations, and people working in the social impact sector. One of the goals for this event is to help associate teachers grow their professional network in the hopes that the connections they make at this event may help them in their job search after their residency.
This event will include three amazing guest speakers, drinks, and appetizers
Please R.S.V.P. to email@example.com by November 27 if you are interested. R.S.V.P. is required for entry into We Work.
Lower School Leadership (2 Positions), Chinese American International School (CAIS)
For more information, please read the complete job posting here.
Email cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line please indicate “Lower School Leadership” Please no calls.
Posted November 8, 2017
Second Grade Lead Teacher, New School (SF)
To learn more about New School, please visit: newschoolsf.org.
Contact email@example.com with any questions and/or to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Leaders and teachers of color, LGBTQ and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fifth and Sixth Grades Math Teacher (Interim Maternity Substitute), The San Francisco School
Beginning February 1, 2018 and ending June 13, 2018, The San Francisco School seeks an interim maternity substitute knowledgeable in the disciplines of 5th and 6th grade mathematics, preferably have successful middle school and or upper elementary teaching experience, and exhibit excellent communication skills. Cultural competence and the ability to work collaboratively in a teaching team are essential. Candidates should be student-centered, practiced in differentiated instruction, and skilled at honing student skills.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume, cover letter, references – in one document – to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please also note where you heard about this position). In the subject line please note: Attn:
5th/6th Interim Math Teacher Maternity Substitute.
Posted November 1, 2017
Academic Programs Coordinator, Seven Tepees (SF)
Full job description here.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Academic Programs Coordinator will perform critical academic program development and implementation of academic support, enrichment and intervention for low income, youth of color grades 6-12. The Coordinator will also provide important consultation and advice for middle and high school case managers. In addition, the Coordinator will support after school and summer programming, as well as overnight trips.
Send resume and cover letter to Arlan Murillo, Program Director at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please detail your experience with youth in an academic setting and why you would like work at Seven Tepees Youth Program.
Posted October 23, 2017
Substitute Teachers, All Subjects for K-8 Grades, San Francisco Friends School
SF Friends School seeks substitute teachers for an as-needed basis. More details and application details found through this link.
Posted October 19, 2017
Posted October 19, 2017
Posted October 12, 2017
Posted October 12, 2017
Posted October 4, 2017
Posted September 29, 2017
Kindergarten General Studies Teacher, Tehiyah Day School (El Cerrito)
We have an immediate opening for a qualified General Studies Kindergarten teacher who is passionate, dedicated, and committed to progressive education. The GS teacher will be supported by and collaborate with other GS teachers and work with Jewish Studies teachers as well to integrate curriculum. Responsibilities include teaching reading, writing, math, social studies and science. Knowledge of Judaism is not required. See full job description here.
Long-Term Substitute Teacher, Acorn Woodland Elementary (Oakland)
Acorn Woodland Elementary School seeks an outstanding staff member to join
our team as a 4th grade Long-Term Family Leave Sub. This is a daily, full time
position that begins late September – January 16th, 2018. See full job description here.
Posted September 25, 2017
Long-Term Substitute Teacher, Marin Horizon School (Mill Valley)
Long-term 2nd/3rd Grade Head Teacher needed for a classroom of 21 students, with a strong assistant teacher.
Please contact Kaili Hwang at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit their website at https://www.marinhorizon.org/ for more information.
Posted August 30, 2017
Lower School Resident Teacher, Town School For Boys (SF) THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The New Teacher Institute at Town School for Boys is seeking a full-time Lower School Resident Teacher for the 2017-2019 school years. Our two-year internship program emphasizes daily teaching, curriculum planning, and professional development. The NTI provides structured training for beginning teachers including frequent observations and feedback, meetings and workshops with the cohort, support from the Head Teacher, and total immersion in the school community. Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible, and employment will begin upon hire.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to implement curriculum and manage the classroom
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Apply feedback to teaching practice
- Maintain established school procedures and a positive learning environment
- Collaborate with other grade level classroom teachers
- Perform other school related duties such as lunch and recess supervision
- Attend grade level, faculty, and professional growth meetings
- Report to the Director of the New Teacher Institute
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with children (informal or volunteer work is welcomed)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Two-year, full-time commitment
Individuals with a strong interest in an elementary teaching career are encouraged to apply. Resident Teachers are paired with experienced Head Teachers for a rich learning experience. Each Lower School Resident Teacher teaches in one grade for the entire year, and there is a change in grade placement after the first year. Lower School Resident Teachers teach in grades K-4. Town School seeks faculty and staff that reflect the wide range of diversity in the San Francisco Bay Area. We embrace and support equal opportunity for all people and encourage diverse candidates to apply. Our school commits to learning about and promoting cultural competency and cultural responsiveness.
Posted August 25, 2017
Part-time SAT Prep Instructors – Edupath
Ingleside 10 hr SAT Intensive
Wednesdays September 13, 20, 27, October 4 – 4:00-6:30pm
Presidio College Application Essays (3hr)
Saturday September 16, 23 – 2:00-3:30pm
Main Library (The Mix at SFPL) College Application Essays (3hr)
Tuesdays October 3, 10 – 5:00-6:30pm
Bayview 4 hr SAT Single Subject Writing
Tuesdays October 17, 24 – 4:00-6:00pm
Merced College Admissions Workshop (2hr)
October 22, 1:00 – 3pm
Excelsior 10 hr SAT Intensive
Interested applicants should email Michael Weiler, email@example.com
Posted August 15, 2017
Lead Teacher, 4th Grade – Saint Andrews Episcopal School, Saratoga CA
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School announces a search for a fourth grade lead teacher. This person will join a community of dedicated and compassionate adults – faculty and parents alike – who are committed to the school mission to develop “as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social capacities of each student.”
The fourth grade lead teacher is responsible for instruction in language arts, math and social studies. The teacher facilitates hands-on projects, promotes collaboration among students, and prompts students to reflect on their classroom work. Furthermore, the teacher is attuned to the specific learning needs and social and emotional development of each student. As the central figure in the network of adults supporting each child, the teacher maintains ongoing communications, formal and informal, with parents, specialists, and administrators.
Please see full job description here: https://www.st-andrews.org/employment
Assistant Teacher, 2nd/3rd Grade – Marin Horizon School, Mill Valley
We are seeking dedicated and passionate assistant teachers to work with experienced and talented head teachers in the first through third grades. Each assistant teacher will work closely with one head teacher to plan and assist in teaching one class. The assistant teacher should be able to support the head teacher in the classroom with curriculum content, classroom management, and organizational skills. The assistant teacher should also be willing to continue learning new teaching strategies and attend professional development training.
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
• Plans with and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities
• Shares in the development and implementation of written lesson plans with the teacher
• Becomes familiar with the teacher’s written lesson plans, the daily schedule, methods for recording attendance, and all other daily duties of the teacher
• Assists the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the well-being and safety of the children in his/her care
• Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with the teacher, volunteers, parents, and program specialists in planning and implementing activities
• Assists teacher to implement the developmental assessment for each child to determine the child’s strengths and areas in which each child may need help
• Assists the teacher in entering accurate attendance records into PCR daily
• Assumes the teacher’s role in leading selected activities during designated parts of the class-day on a periodic basis for training purposes
• Assumes the teacher’s full role in the absence of the teacher and supervises the trained volunteer/substitute who will act as the teacher assistant during that period
• Uphold Marin Horizon mission and values
• Demonstrate genuine care for all students
• Embrace existing school-wide management systems and promote high standards of behavior
• Actively participate in professional development sessions
• Communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, parents, and students
• Participate in after school/evening activities: i.e., Parent conferences, weekend tours, overnight trips
• Supervise arrivals/departures as well as recess when assigned
• Enthusiastically participate in school-wide culture events
• Perform other duties as assigned
• The teacher assistant is supervised in the classroom by the teacher and on a secondary level by the Director of Lower School
• The teacher will provide input to the director regarding the performance evaluation of the teacher assistant
• The teacher assistant shall receive training and technical assistance from the teacher, the center director, and the program specialists.Learn more about our school: https://www.marinhorizon.org/pageQualifications & Skills
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an Elementary classroom
• An Associate degree in Elementary education or related field
• Montessori training is not required but it is a plus
• Enthusiastic, flexible and creative assistant teacher
If interested, please send cover letter and resume. Kaili Hwang, firstname.lastname@example.org
TK/K Educator – AltSchool, SF
AltSchool’s mission is to enable all children to reach their full potential. We are a public benefit corporation and a Certified B Corporation, bringing together a unique partnership of educators, engineers and researchers to create a proprietary learning platform guided by the most comprehensive body of current educational research. AltSchool’s platform is designed to empower schools everywhere to offer personalized, whole-child learning for each student, and to enable teachers to truly understand each child—both deep and wide—so they can develop and deliver a personalized curriculum that helps each child thrive. See full job description here.
Posted August 10, 2017
Part Time (70%) English Language Arts Teacher- Francophone Charter School of Oakland
Francophone Charter School of Oakland (FCSO) is seeking a dynamic teacher for our innovative new Oakland School. We have a highly diverse student body and staff. Your job would be to teach ELA using a workshop model, working closely with your French-speaking colleagues to create a holistic, engaging academic experience for our students.
All teachers must be willing to embrace the professional development offered that is necessary to create a cohesive campus that realizes the educational and cultural mission/vision/principles of FCSO. Due to the growing nature of the school, there is a real opportunity for teachers for leadership building at the school. This is a 70% position with paid health benefits.
Posted Aug 4, 2017
Flex Teacher (Part Time) – The San Francisco Schoolhouse, SF
The San Francisco Schoolhouse, a non-profit K-8 school, is looking for a Flex Teacher who loves spending time with elementary-aged children to join our new and growing school community. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week, 11:15am-4:15pm, Monday-Friday) that starts Monday, August 21, 2017. There is the potential for additional hours as a substitute teacher when one of our teachers is out, or extra support is needed.
The Schoolhouse is a new, independent school located in the Richmond District of San Francisco. Our intentionally small size, experienced and passionate teachers, experiential curriculum, and active parent participation provide a unique opportunity for families seeking a community-minded progressive education that challenges and supports their child. Founded in 2011 by two teachers and two parents with two students, the Schoolhouse will enroll 70 students in the fall. Please visit our website or connect with us on Facebook to find out more about our beliefs and vision.
Job description – https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/edu/6248343615.html
Posted July 17, 2017
1st Grade Teacher – Beta Academy (Richmond, CA)
We are looking for a compassionate, exceptional educator to join our 1st grade team! This is an ELA-focused position. You will teach two cohorts of 1st grade ELA, as well as a writing block. You’ll work collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the achievement of all students in your grade level. You will be encouraged and supported to lead engaging, personalized, and rigorous lessons that integrate our four pillars: Heart, Smart, Think, and Act. You will use data to drive your instruction, regularly assessing student learning to ensure that each child’s personalized learning plan addresses their unique needs and goals for growth. You’ll equitably support the development of each child through restorative practices and social-emotional learning strategies. You will build meaningful relationships with families because you believe they are partners, and play a critical role in student success. Please see full job description here: http://www.caliberschools.org/careers.html
Posted July 12, 2017
Kindergarten Maternity Substitute – Cathedral School for Boys
Cathedral has an opening for a December 2017- March 2018 maternity leave kindergarten substitute teacher. For more information, please contact BATTI alum Kate Juergens at email@example.com
Kindergarten Teacher – Tehiyah Day School, El Cerrito
We are seeking a phenomenal general studies kindergarten teacher who is passionate, dedicated, and committed to progressive education. The general studies teacher will teach literacy, math, humanities and science. The kindergarten teacher will be supported by and collaborate with a Jewish studies co-teacher and a classroom aid in the classroom. Experience with Project Based Learning, Inquiry-Based Teaching, Social-Emotional Learning, and Reading and Writing Workshop a plus!
Posted June 29, 2017
7th & 8th Grade Math and Science Teacher – Mission Dolores Academy, SF
Mission Dolores Academy is a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade independent Catholic school interviewing for elementary school teachers. MDA serves families from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds, reflecting the diversity of our Mission District neighborhood, the city of San Francisco, and the greater Bay Area. Teachers at MDA are purpose-driven; it is our mission to provide a rigorous, high-quality education to urban children, supporting them in their academic, personal, and spiritual development. MDA is a Blended Learning school, utilizing an innovative online curriculum in a rotational model within the classroom where students split their time between teacher-guided and online instruction.
It is expected that the teacher will:
• Design and implement rigorous and engaging lessons created to meet strict instructional requirements based on Common Core Standards
• Incorporate small group instruction in the curriculum through the use of Blended Learning model
• Utilize data from online curriculum to assess student learning and guide curricular planning
• Maintain online grading portal, regularly generating both progress reports and quarterly report cards
• Foster positive relationships with families, recognizing that parents and guardians are the primary educators of their children
• Collaborate with colleagues, coworkers, and administration with positive, constructive communication
• Contribute to school culture through participation in school-wide social, cultural, and religious events outside of the regular school day, including weekly Professional Development meetings
• Valid California Clear teaching credential, or equivalent
• Experience working with children at the elementary level
• Experience in STEM
• Health and retirement benefits available. Salary commensurate with experience and skill set.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Any interested parties should submit a letter of intention, resume, and three professional references to Paul Recktenwald, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org; or, Meredith Essalat, Principal, email@example.com
Posted June 15, 2017
Kindergarten or Bridge-Kindergarten Teacher, Tehiyah Day School
Tehiyah Day School is an independent Bridge Kindergarten through 8th grade Jewish community school nestled in the El Cerrito hills. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, phenomenal teacher. Must be a team player, who is interested in helping a school re-launch into a new progressive model of education, deeply rooted in Jewish values. Experience with Project Based Learning, Social-Emotional Learning and Inquiry-Based Teaching a big plus.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted June 13, 2017
Physical Education Teacher, Presidio Knolls School, SF
Presidio Knolls School is seeking a dynamic and experienced Physical Education Teacher. Physical Education Teacher will partner with the current Physical Education Teacher to provide an engaging PE program to our PS-5 students. We are looking for a passionate, committed educator with a strong background in teaching PE to preschoolers and the youngest elementary students. Candidates should be well versed in progressive pedagogical approaches to instruction and comfortable working in collaborative environments. This is a full time position. Please see full job description here.
Posted June 1, 2017
Charles Armstrong School
1405 Solana Drive, Belmont, CA 94002
Part-time Summer Program Dance Instructor, The Partners Program at College PrepThe ideal candidate has experience teaching middle school students in various dance styles including hip hop, jazz, modern and creative movement. In keeping with the mission of Partners, a successful candidate will foster a safe learning environment that promotes individuality, equity, and cultural competency.
Important program dates:
Summer Academy Orientation Day: June 17
Summer Classes: June 19-July 14 (OFF July 3 and July 4 for Independence Day holiday)
Graduation Day 2017: July 152 Dance classes per day (45 minutes per class):
• 12-15 students per section
• 2-3 Assistant Teachers per class to support Dance Instructor
Samuel F. Beltran, Director of The Partners Program
(510) 652-0111, x260
The ideal candidate has experience teaching middle school students in the following Math
topics, among others: Integers; Fractions and their applications; Decimals and percent; Exponents and square roots (scientific notation); Literals and equations; Geometric measurement and coordinate geometry; Data analysis, probability and statistics. In keeping with the mission of Partners, a successful candidate will foster a safe learning environment that promotes individuality, equity, and cultural competency.Important program dates:
Professional Development Week: June 12-June 16
Summer Academy Orientation Day: June 17
Summer Classes: June 19-July 14 (OFF July 3 and July 4 for Independence Day holiday)
Graduation Day 2017: July 153 classes per day (45 minutes per class):
• Approx. 10 students per section
• 2-3 Assistant Teachers per class to support instructor
Samuel F. Beltran, Director of The Partners Program
(510) 652-0111, x260
Posted May 23, 2017
The ideal candidate for the position of PBA’s Math teacher will have:● substantial experience teaching boys in the 9-14 age group● mastery of Grades 4-8 curricula in Math, preferably with the ability to teach Singapore Math● the ability to engage and inspire boys in the classroom● the ability to provide differentiated instruction● the ability to nurture and mentor young boys
● an imaginative and flexible approach to teaching
● awareness of the particular educational needs of boys
● appreciation of the role of music in education
● excellent communication skills and openness to diverse perspectives
● the ability to meet deadlines and work in a team
Tehiyah Day School is an independent Bridge Kindergarten through 8th grade Jewish community school nestled in the El Cerrito hills. We are committed to
Awakening intellectual curiosity and a strong sense of Jewish identity
Building a culture of thoughtfulness and ethical behavior
Connecting learners to the community, the world, and their best selves.
Tehiyah Day School is now hiring a Kindergarten or Bridge-Kindergarten Teacher. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, phenomenal teacher. Must be a team player, who is interested in helping a school re-launch into a new progressive model of education, deeply rooted in Jewish values. Experience with Project Based Learning, Social-Emotional Learning and Inquiry-Based Teaching a big plus.
Our school’s dynamic academic program is enriched by the visual and performing arts, athletics, technology, and an after-school program. Tehiyah promotes a strong sense of community and spirit. Together we build a school that is nurturing, inclusive, and diverse. We prepare our students to make the world around them a more compassionate, just, and peaceful place.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posted May 18, 2017
Posted May 2, 2017
Middle School Mathematics, The Academy (Berkeley)
The Academy is a unique independent school in Berkeley, California with an advanced academic curriculum. The Academy’s mission is to develop thoughtful, ambitious and deep learners. We are seeking a passionate educator to lead our middle school mathematics program, with an opportunity to improve the mathematics program across the school. The position can be crafted as 60% time or full-time. Read job description here: TheAcademy – MathEducator.
Synergy School is a progressive, independent K-8 school with a commitment to diversity and social justice. It is a teachers’ cooperative, in which teachers are co-directors of the school and guide policy as members of the Board of Trustees.We are looking for a learning specialist to work with our teachers to provide accommodations for a broad spectrum of learners.To read more, go to www.synergyschool.org
First Grade Teacher – Alta Vista School (SF)
Alta Vista School in San Francisco seeks a dynamic, experienced, student-focused first grade teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Candidates will demonstrate expertise in best practices and have the ability to work in a collaborative and creative environment. With an exceptionally strong understanding of development across all levels of proficiency, he/she will employ effective teaching of mathematics, science, reading, writing, and humanities (including social-emotional learning) through an array of modalities, resources, and techniques. Responsibilities:
• Design and deliver innovative curriculum and instruction • Collaborate and plan with co-teacher to implement integrated learning across curricular areas
• Communicate and work with colleagues, administration, and families to provide differentiated instruction, aligned with the varying and diverse needs of students
• Offer students creative opportunities for problem-solving, flexible thinking, and conceptual understanding across content areas
• Utilize technology to expand learning opportunities
• Hold parent-teacher conferences to discuss student progress and goals towards academic, social, and emotional success
• Write student progress reports each trimester with a growth-focused mindset
Required skills, experience and knowledge:
• 3+ years as an elementary classroom teacher
• Depth of knowledge in evidence-based instructional practices
• Demonstrated skill in developing curriculum and sequencing for learning
• Experience with informal and formal assessments (ex. Teachers College Assessments, Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System, Words Their Way, Developing Writer’s Assessment, Kathy Richardson Assessments)
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills enabling information-sharing and the development of collaborative relationships
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, organization, and reliability • Regularly attend professional development related to content and pedagogy to stay current with research and best practices
Length of Work Year: August 2017 – June 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience