Master’s Degree in Education and California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
UOP/BATTI residents earn their Master’s degree and California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.The academic program consists of 34 units over five semesters (2 years).
As a residency or apprenticeship program, students work as full-time, paid assistant teachers at independent, charter, and public elementary schools, while taking evening and weekend courses to attain their credential and Master’s degree. Our “Learning by Doing” program blends theoretical instruction with practical classroom experience.
Close supervision from thoughtful, experienced mentors creates an atmosphere of reflection, collegiality, and support.
Why is University of the Pacific/BATTI a good choice for your teaching credential?
- In addition to their credential theory classes, University of the Pacific/BATTI students have the opportunity to develop their skills in a classroom environment and “learn by doing.”
- The program offers excellent mentorship through its lead teacher/mentors and UOP/BATTI supervisors.
- The small cohort group is inspiring and encouraging.
- Our students take a careful and thoughtful approach to becoming teachers and emerge from their two years of training confident and prepared.
- Our graduates get good jobs in public and private schools. We are proud to say that 80% of them are still in the classroom!
- In our two year program, you get both a CA multiple subject teaching credential and a MA in Education.
More information about admissions may be found here.