Priority deadline: February 17, 2017
After February 17, we will accept applications on a rolling basis only if there are spaces available in the program. Our cohort size limit is 35 students. The cutoff for submissions is April 15, 2017.
The following requirements for admission to our credential program must be completed by the initial application deadline of February 17, 2017:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (can be completed in June)
2. Two transcripts for every university listed on your application. You will need to obtain junior or community college transcripts for the Pacific graduate division application
3. College GPA 2.75 or higher
4. Three signed and sealed letters of recommendation on the BATTI/Pacific form.
5. Personal statement
6. The BATTI application form
7. A resume outlining your relevant education and experience
8. Payment of $55 application fee to BATTI
Following a successful INTERVIEW and provisional acceptance to the program, these additional requirements must be completed by the start of the program in late August:
9. University of the Pacific graduate division application
10. Early field experience (20 hours) with verification letter
11. Passing the CBEST and one section of CSET OR all 4 sections of CSET, including subtest 4: Writing Skills. In place of the CBEST, you may submit SAT scores of 500 or higher in the Verbal and Math categories, and/or AP scores of 3 or higher in Math and English subjects.
12. Finding an appropriate assistant teacher position at one of the coalition schools or another compatible school
Please download our Admissions Info Packet