Please download our Admissions Information Packet.
For priority acceptance, send all materials by the Priority deadline: February 9, 2018
After February 9, the program will accept applications only if there are spaces available in the program. Our cohort size limit is 45 students. The cutoff for submissions is April 15, 2018.
BATTI INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS:
You will begin by sending materials to BATTI. Our office will determine your suitability for our cohort group and residency jobs, and will evaluate your educational eligibility.
Please send these forms to the BATTI office (keep copies, as you will send the same materials to the university):
- BATTI information form.
- Personal Statement via PDF to email@example.com
- Résumé via PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send one signed and sealed copy of an official transcript from each college you have attended
- Send 3 recommendation letters from your recommenders, either signed and sealed to the BATTI office, or as PDFs from the recommender
- Pay $29 BATTI processing fee, via check or money order made out to BATTI. If you pay via PayPal, use email@example.com
You will be invited for a one-hour group interview. These are held in five weekday evenings in March.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC GRADUATE ADMISSIONS
(We will provide you with instructions tailored to our application process)
1. Create a UOP Graduate Division account on GradCAS
- Complete Graduate Division application form (BATTI will notify applicants via email when this selection becomes available on GradCAS)
- Upload personal statement
- Upload résumé
2. RECOMMENDATIONS–You will be asked to provide the email addresses of 3 recommenders. They will be contacted by the university and will be asked to upload their recommendation to the UOP online site.
3. Send one signed and sealed copy of an official transcript from each college you have attended. You must have completed your BA by June 2018. An official, sealed transcript (from each institution attended since high school) will need to be sent directly to the University of the Pacific at the following address:
University of the Pacific
Office of Graduate Admission
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211
If available, the applicant can request the institution send an official electronic copy via email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Pay $26 application fee to UOP
FINAL ACCEPTANCE WILL BE GRANTED BY THE UNIVERSITY BY MAY 1. All UOP/BATTI students begin teaching and credential classes in late August. There are no mid-year starts.
FINAL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU START THE PROGRAM IN AUGUST:
1. Finding an appropriate assistant teacher position at one of the coalition schools or another compatible school
2. Fulfill the state Basic Skills requirement by:
- Passing the CBEST OR
- Passing the three part CSET Multiple Subjects subtests AND the CSET Writing Skills test
- *Meeting minimum scores on SAT, ACT, or specific AP coursework – click here for details:https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/commission/coded/2015/1503.pdf
*The CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) requires paper copies of scoresheets – they will not accept electronic scores
- Submit negative TB test results less than 4 years old
- Submit a completed UOP Live scan form
- Apply for and submit a CCTC issued Certificate of Clearance (instructions will be provided at orientation)
- BATTI requires that you take and pass one subtest of the three part CSET Multiple Subjects subject matter content test,no later than August, 2018 . All three subtests must be taken and passed no later than April, 2019. Exam information is available at: www.ctcexams.nesinc.com
Please download our Admissions Information Packet