Educational Leadership Program Admissions
Please download our application packet here.
In order to be considered for the MA in Educational Leadership program, you must have:
- Minimum 5 years teaching and/or administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Your applicant review packet must include all of the following and should be sent by April 15, 2018.
A) Submit online:
B) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. Personal statement (see below)
3. Change Project proposal (see below)
C) Mail to BATTI, 1624 Franklin Street, Suite 1005, Oakland, CA 94612:
5. One signed and sealed copy of official transcripts. If available, the applicant can request the institution send an official electronic copy via email directly to: email@example.com.
6. Three letters of recommendation.
7. $29 fee (check payable to Bay Area Teacher Training Institute)
D) An interview will be scheduled upon receipt of all application materials
Acceptance by University of Pacific Graduate Division
You will also apply to University of Pacific Graduate Division, beginning by applying online. After you receive special instructions for the special UOP/BATTI application, you will begin at this page: https://gradcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login.
- Recommendations–on your online application form, you will be asked to give the names and emails of 3 recommenders. They will be contacted by UOP, and asked to upload their letters of recommendation
- One signed and sealed copy of official transcripts from every college or university you attended. Please note that the university requires transcripts from all summer programs you attended during your college, semester abroad programs, and community college work. You can send these transcripts at any time to University of the Pacific, Office of Graduate Admissions, 3601 Pacific Ave. Stockton, CA 95211. If available, the applicant can request the institution send an official electronic copy via email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement
- $26 application fee
All of the required materials should be received by BATTI and UOP on or before the priority deadline of April 15, 2018. If space allows, BATTI will pre-screen applications on a rolling basis thereafter.
Prior to applying, we encourage you to contact the Program Director.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT DETAILS
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Please contact the Director if any of your transcripts are from universities outside the United States.
Applicants with an overall GPA of lower than 3.0 must demonstrate a GPA of at least 3.0 in the most recent 60 semester hours (or 75 quarter hours) of their college program.
BATTI INFO FORM
Please complete the BATTI information form you will find at ba-tti.org.
Please submit a personal statement (approximately 300-500 words) describing your reasons for pursuing a Master’s in Educational Leadership. Reflect on your background or any past experiences that have influenced your decision to apply to our program. Submit this via pdf to BATTI; you will also upload it when you apply online to UOP. Please address the following guiding questions:
- Leadership Experience: Identify a time when you worked to make a change in your school. What was your role, what did you do, what happened, what did you learn?
- Leadership Philosophy: Identify a leader who you view as particularly effective. What might contribute to his/her success and what can you learn from the example?
- Self-Awareness: What are your leadership-related strengths and weaknesses?
- Educational philosophy: Please outline your educational philosophy and how you have enacted it.
- Aspirations: What kind of leader do you want to be? What do you want to accomplish? You may outline any specific career goals.
CHANGE PROJECT PROPOSAL
Please submit a 1–2 page outline of your proposed fieldwork project to BATTI. See Ed Leadership Application Packet for more information.
Please submit a resume highlighting your teaching, administrative, and other work experience.
You must submit two official, stamped and sealed, copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher learning listed on your application. One goes to BATTI, one to the university.
Three letters of recommendation should come from an employer or supervisor, a college instructor, or colleague well qualified to testify as to your character and abilities. Copies need to be sent directly to BATTI; your recommender will also upload a copy to the UOP site.
Following the receipt of your application, we will schedule you for an interview.
IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS AND NAMES
General information about BATTI:
- Bob Houghteling, Executive Director email@example.com
- Dee Desmond, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
University of the Pacific Financial Aid Office
Deanne Rivera, Assistant Director
Federal financial aid online form
University of the Pacific ID#: 001329
University of the Pacific, Benerd School of Education
Dymaneke Mitchell, Associate Dean and Director of External Programs
Linda Skrla, Chair of the Educational Leadership Department
Vanessa Sheared, Dean of Benerd School of Education
University of the Pacific Credential Office
Jacalyn Griffen, Manager, Credential Office, email@example.com