Educational Leadership Program Admissions
Please download our application packet here.
In order to be considered for the MA in Educational Leadership program, you must have:
- Minimum 5 years teaching and/or administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Your application packet must include all of the following and should be sent by the application deadline of April 15, 2017. [APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED – MAY 15, 2017]
A) Submit online:
B) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. Personal statement (see below)
3. Change Project proposal (see below)
C) Mail to BATTI, 1624 Franklin Street, Suite 1005, Oakland, CA 94612:
5. Two signed and sealed copies of official transcripts
6. Three letters of recommendation (download recommendation form here)
7. $55 application fee (check payable to Bay Area Teacher Training Institute)
8. University of Pacific Application Form (download form here)
D) An interview will be scheduled upon receipt of all application materials
Acceptance by University of Pacific Graduate Division
Following a successful interview and provisional acceptance to the BATTI program, all of your application materials will be forwarded to University of Pacific Graduate Division. The University may contact you about outstanding requirements prior to official acceptance to the program. You will be required to fill out the University of the Pacific application form (This link will prompt you to create an account login with University of the Pacific. You will need this to access their Graduate Application form).
Your application and all supporting documentation should be received by BATTI on or before the priority deadline of April 15, 2017. If space allows, applications will be accepted thereafter on a rolling basis.
Prior to applying, we encourage you to attend an information session or contact the Program Director. See website for dates.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT DETAILS
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Please contact the Director if any of your transcripts are from universities outside the United States.
Applicants with an overall GPA of lower than 3.0 must demonstrate a GPA of at least 3.0 in the most recent 60 semester hours (or 75 quarter hours) of their college program.
Please complete the BATTI application form you will find accompanying this packet or at ba-tti.org.
Please submit a personal statement (approximately 300-500 words) describing your reasons for pursuing a Master’s in Educational Leadership. Reflect on your background or any past experiences that have influenced your decision to apply to our program. You may want to address the following guiding questions:
- Leadership Experience: Identify a time when you worked to make a change in your school. What was your role, what did you do, what happened, what did you learn?
- Leadership Philosophy: Identify a leader who you view as particularly effective. What might contribute to his/her success and what can you learn from the example?
- Self-Awareness: What are your leadership-related strengths and weaknesses?
- Educational philosophy: Please outline your educational philosophy and how you have enacted it.
- Aspirations: What kind of leader do you want to be? What do you want to accomplish? You may outline any specific career goals.
CHANGE PROJECT PROPOSAL
Please submit a 1–2 page outline of your proposed fieldwork project. See Ed Leadership Application Packet for more information. You must also submit a brief letter from the leadership of your school indicating their support of the proposed fieldwork.
Please submit a resume highlighting your teaching, administrative, and other work experience.
You must submit two official, stamped and sealed, copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher learning listed on your application.
Three letters of recommendation should come from an employer or supervisor, a college instructor, or colleague well qualified to testify as to your character and abilities. For each recommendation please also include a signed copy of the BATTI/Pacific recommendation form (downloadable from our website.)
UNIVERSITY OF PACIFIC APPLICATION FORM
Please complete and sign a University of Pacific Application Form (downloaded from our website). Please pay close attention to the attached instructions, as certain items on the form are not applicable to applicants to the BATTI/Pacific joint program.
Following the receipt of your application, we will schedule you for an interview.
IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS AND NAMES
General information about BATTI:
- Bob Houghteling, Executive Director
- Dee Desmond, Program Director
University of the Pacific Financial Aid Office
Deanne Rivera, Assistant Director
Federal financial aid online form
University of the Pacific ID#: 001329
University of the Pacific, Benerd School of Education
Linda Webster, Interim Director of External Programs
Linda Skrla, Chair of the Educational Leadership Department
Vanessa Sheared, Dean of Benerd School of Education
University of the Pacific Credential Office
Jacalyn Griffen, Lead Credential Analyst, email@example.com